Winter Beadwork at le Musée
Create a beautiful beaded pair of moccasins!
- Thursdays from 7pm to 9pm
- January 9th to March 26th
- Early-bird pricing available until November 30th
- Facilitated by Métis Artisan Julie Desrochers
- Special Guests: TBC
Ever wanted to learn how to bead like "The Flower-Beaded People"? Create a beautiful pair of beaded mocassins with the help of local Métis Artisans. Aside from on-going mentorship from Miss Julie Desrochers and the support of other learners, you will also have the opportunity to meet two special guest artists. Workshop includes ten 2 hour sessions, your leather and beading materials. Set-up starts at 6 pm for those who are so inclined, with sessions beginning at 7pm and running until 9pm. It is recommended to attend 8 of the ten sessions. Space is limited so reserve your spot today! *Cancellation fees apply.
Make your own voyageur capote from a point blanket!
- Saturdays from 10 am to 3 pm
- Dates to be announced for 2020
- Facilitated by Métis Artisan Nancy Gouliquer
- Cost $100 + GST per participant*
- Gently used blankets available for $50 - $170
- All sewing materials provided (excluding blanket)
Make your own voyageur capot from a point blanket with the guidance of Métis Artisan Nancy Gouliquer. Workshop includes two 5 hour sessions, your sewing materials (blanket excluded). Option to purchase a gently used blanket for between $50 and $170. This program is made possible by the ongoing support of the City of Winnipeg. Space is limited so reserve your spot today!