Funding & Governance

Funders

Le Musée de Saint-Boniface Museum wishes to thank the City of Winnipeg and the Province of Manitoba for their ongoing financial support. Project funds have also been provided by the Government of Canada, The Winnipeg Foundation Inc., the Thomas Sill Foundation, the William and Shirley Loewen Foundation, the Manitoba Métis Federation, and numerous other private donors. Any individuals or organizations wishing to contribute to the development of the Museum are asked to contact the Director, Vania Gagnon, at (204) 237-4500  ext 404 or write to .

Tax receipts will be issued on request for all donations over $10.00.

Governance

The Saint-Boniface Museum Board, first established by the City of St. Boniface in late 1959, now functions under the authority of the City of Winnipeg. Upon the amalgamation of Winnipeg with St. Boniface and other surrounding municipalities in 1972, the Board’s “continuation” was specified in the City of Winnipeg Act; the Board is still referred to in the charter of the City.

As presently constituted, the Board consists of eight citizen members and one councillor, all of whom are appointed for two-year terms by city council, following nominations sought on an annual basis. Any City of Winnipeg elector who is functional in both official languages is eligible for appointment to the Board.

Bailleurs de fonds

Le Musée de Saint-Boniface remercie la Ville de Winnipeg et la Province du Manitoba de leur appui financier continu. Le gouvernement du Canada, The Winnipeg Foundation Inc., la fondation Thomas Sill, la fondation William et Shirley Loewen, la Manitoba Métis Federation et de nombreux autres donateurs ont contribué des fonds pour réaliser certains projets.

Toute personne, tout organisme désireux de contribuer au développement du Musée sont priés de prendre contact avec le Musée en appelant la directrice, Vania Gagnon, au (204) 237-4500 poste 404 ou en envoyant un message par courriel à .

Des reçus aux fins d’impôt sont émis sur demande pour des dons de plus de 10 $.

Gouvernance

Établie par la Ville de Saint-Boniface vers la fin de 1959, la Commission du Musée ouvre maintenant sous l’autorité de la Ville de Winnipeg. L’Acte mettant en vigueur le fusionnement de la ville de Winnipeg avec les autres municipalités de la région fait référence à la « continuation » de la Commission et son existence est reconnue dans la Charte actuelle de la Ville de Winnipeg.

À présent, la Commission comprend huit membres-citoyens et un conseiller municipal, tous nommés par le Conseil municipal pour un terme de deux ans. Chaque année, l’on sollicite des nominations. Tout électeur de Winnipeg qui est fonctionnellement bilingue peut être proposé comme candidat admissible.